Director, Business Development
Company: GreenLight Biosciences, Inc.
Posted on: May 9, 2022
ABOUT GREENLIGHT At GreenLight we are working to solve two of
the world's greatest problems: global food insecurity and equal
access to vaccines and the associated health benefits. Unlike most
corporations who can be required to put profits ahead of other
principles, GreenLight is one of the first Public Benefit
Corporations to be publicly traded and have a charter that requires
a focus on how it benefits its employees, community and society and
has a broad portfolio addressing key issues in plant health and
human health (Nasdaq: GRNA) by leveraging the full potential of
dsRNA and mRNA. The GreenLight team is over 300 people across our
headquarters in Medford, MA, an R&D facility in Woburn, MA and
an R&D facility in Research Triangle Park, NC. GreenLight also
has a biomanufacturing plant in Rochester, NY. Initiatives include
finding ways to support biodiversity, protect bees and other
pollinators, treat rare diseases as well as develop vaccines. At
GreenLight, we believe inclusion is the way forward. We celebrate
the power of working together to address humanity's challenges,
meet the needs of underserved populations, and push the boundaries
of scientific discovery. Fueled by our aspiration for a true sense
of belonging, our talented teams embody the principles of diversity
and equality as we strive to bring food security, medicine, and
healthcare to everyone-paving the way for a sustainable future. For
more information, visit . POSITION SUMMARY GreenLight Biosciences
is seeking an exceptional, initiative-taking Director of Business
Development to join our team. The successful candidate will
actively partner with business leaders to identify, prioritize, and
execute business development agreements between GreenLight and
partners, with an initial focus on research and development
partnerships. The successful candidate will be responsible for
multiple strategic alliances that may include programs ranging from
early-stage research to late-stage development or commercialized
products. They will also play a key role in retaining an up-to-date
and detailed assessment of the competitive landscape and keeping
the organization apprised of latest developments, potential
business impact and response plan. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES Business
- Identify areas of innovation and growth opportunities aligned
with GreenLight strategy, including disruptive technologies.
- Identify and analyze new/clinical programs in existing,
adjacent, or new markets and businesses.
- Make key decisions and quickly prioritize on most interesting
- Monitor companies working on RNA technologies.
- Provide timely information on new developments and data, and
partner with functional experts to create impact assessments.
- Attend industry presentations and events where key competitor
data is presented.
- Leverage and continuously strengthen broad academic and
industry network to secure the identification of the most
attractive partnering opportunities.
- Ability to synthesize complex set of facts to facilitate
decisions by C-level executives.
- Work with business development leaders to negotiate agreements
- Facilitate Alliance governance including schedule, manage and
coordinate Alliance meetings and include the preparation, review
and finalization of meeting agendas, materials, and minutes.
- Maintain awareness of the current issues affecting
cross-functional areas within the partnership.
- Proactively track, monitor, and communicate both internally and
externally the contractual obligations and deliverables of both
parties, to ensure responsibilities are met in accordance with the
terms of collaboration and that the spirit of the collaboration is
- Proactively identifies and anticipates potential
risks/challenges within the existing Alliances and work with
internal and external partners to implement risk mitigation
- Work closely with and support cross-functional teams to prepare
for and engage in interactions with our partners towards successful
outcomes (e.g., input for joint Board meetings, manage governance
of multiple Alliances with third parties, project-based analyses &
recommendations, etc.). PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- 6-8 years of experience in Business Development and Alliance
Management, Project Management, or Competitive Intelligence or
related functions in the pharmaceutical or life sciences
- Drug development knowledge with basic to strong understanding
of other functions relevant to the position.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead, engage,
focus, negotiate, and resolve conflict internally and
- Experience working with all levels of management and with key
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented. EDUCATION
- Master's or PhD in a scientific field. An MBA is a plus.
Greenlight Biosciences Inc. provides equal employment opportunities
to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation, and training. GreenLight requires proof of
COVID-19 vaccination for its employees.
Keywords: GreenLight Biosciences, Inc., Medford , Director, Business Development, Executive , Medford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!