Regional Area Director of Sales Northeast
Company: Marriott International, Inc
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Posting Date Jun 16, 2022
Job Number 22099749
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location Eastern Northeast Sales Offic, 200 Rivers Edge Drive,
Medford, Massachusetts, United States
Brand Marriott International, Inc.
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? Y
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with
more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to
grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of
discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take
JOB SUMMARYThe Area Director of Sales (ADS) provides strategic
leadership support to sales teams across all brands in the defined
geographic area they support. The position is responsible for
achieving property revenue goals, team booking pace goals,
including catering individual and property revenue achievement,
guest and associate satisfaction and the financial performance of
the department in each participating property. Evaluates and
supports the hotel's participation in the various sales channels as
appropriate (e.g., GSO, US Account Sales, Group Sales Offices,
Revenue Management, Marketing, Digital, electronic channels, etc.)
and develops strong working relationships to maximize hotel's
benefits. The ADS will develop and implement multi-hotel strategies
for all participating properties. Strategies focus on delivering
products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations
of guests and associates and provide a profitable return on
investment. In partnership with the VP, Sales and Marketing, the
ADS will share the direct accountability of the hotels and assist
all hotels in attainting their total sales/revenue objectives,
driving positive market share, and strategically focusing on major
change efforts within the region.CANDIDATE PROFILEEducation and
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business
Administration, Finance, Accounting, Hotel and Restaurant
Management, or related
- 6 years of relevant professional experience in sales management
or related function, demonstrating progressive career growth and
pattern of exceptional performance.CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Provides sales oversight for hotels while providing insight and
context to sales leaders to help them meet their goals. Be a
sounding-board for sales ideas and issues.
- Assists in the development of key company-wide initiatives by
providing timely and detailed feedback, as well as commitment and
support. Enlists the help of regional sales leaders as appropriate.
- Verifies the successful execution of key sales strategies
(e.g., integration of new brands) and manages the implementation,
execution and stabilization of these initiatives for the region.
- Executes on demand generation activities that will build the
pipeline and verifies the achievement of revenue, profits, and
market share targets across distribution channels in support of the
Region's balanced scorecard goals.
- Assists in the support and pull through of enterprise-wide
- Builds effective relationships with all internal and external
(e.g., owners / franchisees, General Managers) stakeholders.
Implements decision-making that balances the needs of the various
stakeholder groups and promotes the long-term viability of the
- Provides leadership for Group Sales Offices, ensuring that they
are world class and delivering against their revenue goals.
- Appropriately monitors all hotels in the region with a special
emphasis on high priority hotels. Plays a role in the review of
on-going sales decisions and initiatives ensuring the right
approaches and resources are in place and monitor hotels that are
not performing to expectation.
- Provides insights and solutions to revenue leaders to verify
the proper execution of individual hotel segment and revenue
- Verifies that brand standards are implemented and complied with
in all sales efforts.
- Determines and communicates property/cluster best practices and
- Understands and communicates the value of Marriott
International and Marriott Brands as they relate to owners,
franchise partnerships, and sales opportunities.
- Provides pre-opening and conversion support to validate that
effective sales strategies are in place prior to hotel opening.
- Partners on cross functional initiatives in collaboration with
Revenue Management, Marketing and Digital leadership on the pull
through of key discipline strategies.
- Communicates business trends to all area properties as well as
key events in the city that will impact demand.
- Verifies that sales strategies are communicated, implemented
and updated as market conditions fluctuate.
- Makes recommendations to take full advantage of revenue
opportunities within cluster and at individual properties.
- Actively engages in owner support.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe
in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive,
people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any
protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any
other basis covered under applicable law.
Keywords: Marriott International, Inc, Medford , Regional Area Director of Sales Northeast, Executive , Medford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!