Company: Planet Fitness Inc.
Posted on: July 31, 2022
The Club Manager will be responsible for the oversight of gym
operations to ensure an exceptional "Judgement Free" member
experience as well as a financially successful club. The Club
Manager will be accountable for leading a team of employees in a
positive, motivating manner with continuous assistance in employee
training and development.
Full time: 42 hours per week (Monday and Tuesday 9a-7p, Wednesdays
10a-6p, Thursdays 9a-5p, Fridays 9a-3p)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Recruit, hire, train and develop a high performing staff
consisting of Assistant Managers, Member Service Representatives,
Trainers and Custodians.
* Create and maintain a welcoming atmosphere for all members,
prospective members and guests and ensure staff follows superior
customer service guidelines.
* Staff Management
* Schedule staff and ensure all shifts are covered.
* Lead by example and maintain consistent accountability for direct
reports by training and coaching, ensuring adherence to PF's values
* Administration and processing of all weekly/bi-weekly employee
* Resolve employee issues or concerns.
* Manage disciplinary/termination activities.
* Involved in all front desk related activities including:
* Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a
variety of questions.
* Check members into the system.
* New member sign-up.
* Take prospective members on tours.
* Facilitate all member requests, issues and questions.
* Ensure prompt opening/closing of gym.
* Oversee cleanliness and maintenance of facility including taking
responsibility for largest section of cleaning daily.
* Ensure safety of employees, members and club property.
* Determine and communicate equipment repair in a timely
* Manage marketing efforts by ensuring that staff is aware and
trained on all marketing promotions.
* Authorize expenditures and refunds. Make daily bank deposits.
* Prepare all HR related forms and send to Corporate Payroll
* Track statistics and reports (weekly, monthly, annually).
* Backup support for any employee who is absent.
* Superior customer service skills, preferably in the fitness
* Experience working as an Assistant Manager at Planet Fitness.
* Exceptional leadership, diplomacy and listening skills.
* Basic computer proficiency (Microsoft Suite).
* Hard working, enthusiastic and energetic!
* Strong problem resolution skills.
* Current CPR Certification required.
* High school diploma/GED equivalent required.
* Must be 18 years of age or older.
* Continual standing and walking during shift.
* Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift.
* Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
* Will occasionally encounter toxic chemicals during shift.
All staff will also receive a free Black Card membership after 90
days of employment
As a Core Development and Management employee you are eligible for
benefits if you are regularly scheduled and work at least 30 hours
per week. Benefits are effective on the first of the month
following the date of hire. Benefit offerings include Medical
options, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401k with
company contribution, paid vacation time plus additional ancillary
benefits like access to Pet Insurance and Aflac.
Compensation: $48,400.00 per year
JOIN THE CLUB.
Enhancing people's lives with an affordable, high-quality fitness
experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and fun-loving
go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors
and operators of fitness centers in the United States, Planet
Fitness is just getting warmed up. We're continuously seeking top
talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free Zone and
shaping the future of our brand. With more than 2,000 locations in
all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada, the
Dominican Republic, Panama, Mexico and Australia, there's plenty of
opportunity on our Planet and we are always looking for talented
individuals to join our team!
Our member mission says it best: our product is a tool, a means to
an end; not a brand name or a mold maker, but a tool that can be
used by anyone. To use our product, members need to feel inspired
and motivated. That's where you come in. If you're looking for a
place where you can make a difference in a customer's life, you've
found it. Come to add your mojo to the Judgement Free Zone, but
stay for the feeling that you're making a difference on our
TO FIND YOUR PERFECT FIT, SEARCH FOR A CLUB OPPORTUNITY NEAR
Employees at a franchise location are employed by the Franchisee
and are not employees of PFHQ (the Franchisor). PFHQ neither
dictates nor controls labor or employment matters for franchisees
or their employees, and does not retain any reserved authority to
control the terms and conditions of employment for franchisees or
their employees. Each franchisee is responsible for ensuring
compliance with local, state and federal law.
Keywords: Planet Fitness Inc., Medford , Club Manager, Executive , Medford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!