Director of Procurement Massachusetts
Company: GCR Professional Services
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Director of Machined Parts Procurement:
- You will develop a strategy for procuring machined and fabricated
parts to ensure highest-quality parts, delivered when needed, at
the best cost.
- This is a highly-visible and important role to support the
continued success as we manage the exceptional growth of our
- The person's role will review the existing supply base and expand
and optimize the supply base based on the strategy.
- This position requires active supplier management and development
of processes to improve the sourcing strategy.
- The ideal candidate for this position will have technical working
knowledge of machine shop operations and machining equipment
processes and a familiarity with machining various raw material
types to establish "Right Price, Right Company, Right Time".
Develop and implement sourcing strategy for machined parts to
include local and global suppliers
- Actively manage machined parts suppliers
- Manage cost down road maps for multiple product lines
- Regularly visit suppliers to become intimately familiar with
Expert knowledge of machined parts fabrication and procurement
- Cost estimating
- Experience reading and understanding blueprints, drawings,
GD&T and specifications.
- Understanding mill, lathe & sheet metal machine run times and
- Knowledge of "should-cost" with cost estimation ability
- Experience implementing a cost-down roadmap
- Strong awareness of manufacturing costs and quoting/estimating
manufacturing times utilizing quoting tools
- Proven record of working effectively in a fast-paced, high-stress
environment with critical deliverables and deadlines while being
accurate and thorough.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills and effectively
working in a team environment. - Supply Chain Management
- Plan, develop, and execute a comprehensive & strategic supply
chain strategy - Develop and maintain strategic supplier/vendor
relationships including regular in-person visits
- Plan, develop, and implement strategy for the lowest possible
cost for material that meets agreed-upon organization performance
goals, stay within agreed budgets, and optimizes both profit (cost
reduction) and cash flow (inventory reduction)
- Effectively communicate with other functional areas as necessary
to forecast, plan, and supply material requirements
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project), expert ability to
analyze data in Excel
- Experience with MRP systems supply chain and procurement
Education Required: - Bachelor's Degree required in business,
manufacturing, project management or a related discipline
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all
qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic
information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.
Keywords: GCR Professional Services, Medford , Director of Procurement Massachusetts, Executive , Medford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!