Company: Tufts Medical Center Community Care
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Tufts Medical Center Community Care is seeking medical
secretaries that will provide administrative support to our
physicians, other clinical and support staff, and especially to our
patients in our practices. The medical secretary will have an
impact on the patient's experience by being the first face of the
practice and navigating them through the beginning and end of their
visits. The medical secretary is a very important part of the care
team and our growing practices are looking for the right candidates
to join our organization.Responsibilities:The Medical Secretary in
our busy and growing practices is responsible for all
administrative office support for the practice and creates a
positive experience for patients and visitors.
- The medical secretary is responsible for greeting and assisting
patients, other guests and vendors. Maintains a professional
attitude and provides for a positive and welcoming
- The secretary is responsible for checking in and checking out
patients using the EMR systems, verifying demographics, updating
patient profile, collection of co-payments or any outstanding
balances. Scheduling follow up appointments and/or specialty
- The secretary will verify insurance eligibility prior to
appointments and is responsible for checking for/requesting
referrals as well as confirming appointments. Responsible to follow
up with no shows, and communicate any billing issues prior to
- Answers all incoming phone calls, schedules appointments and
addresses messages in the phone bucket.
- Obtains prior authorizations for provider visits, diagnostic
procedures and tests.
- Maintain and ensure HIPAA compliance with patient medical
records and personal health information including updating patient
- Order office supplies and maintain appropriate level of
supplies. Assist in the care and maintenance of
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Further education or
training in business administration or healthcare related course of
study or comparable education desired.
- Health care experience desired, preferably in a physician's
office. Knowledge of medical terminology helpful.
- Excellent computer skills needed. Experience with EMR software
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary in order to deal
effectively and courteously with patients, families and
- Ability to prioritize work and complete tasks in a timely
- Ability to multitask and work independently and accurately with
- Must be highly motivated and dependable.About Tufts Medical
Center Community Care:Formerly known as Hallmark Health Medical
Associates Tufts Medical Center Community Care is comprised of more
than 90 primary care doctors, nurse practitioners, physician
assistants and specialists. We provide patient care in internal
medicine, family medicine, obstetrics/gynecology and multiple
specialties, including gastroenterology, rheumatology, surgery,
neurology and neurosurgery, hematology and oncology, endocrinology,
and infectious diseases. Tufts Medical Center Community Care is
affiliated with MelroseWakefield Healthcare, including
MelroseWakefield Hospital and Lawrence Memorial Hospital of
Medford.MelroseWakefield Healthcare/Tufts Medical Center Community
Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Tufts Medical Center Community Care, Medford , Medical Secretary, Healthcare , Medford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!