Reception Desk Rep - Radiology
Company: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Posted on: January 9, 2022
Department Description: Schedule: Full Time - 30 Hours - Evening
The Department of Radiology at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
includes more than 65 Harvard Medical faculty physicians who
perform over 450,000 imaging exams and procedures in Boston and at
our community locations annually.
We offer a complete spectrum of clinical programs and services
using the latest imaging technology and techniques. We are also
committed to training our future radiologists and pursuing
advancements in basic science, technology, and health services
research to continually improve patient outcomes.Job Location:
Boston, MassachusettsReq ID: 42340BRJob Summary: The Reception Desk
Rep interacts extensively in person/ via telephone with patients,
the public, healthcare providers, support staff and other Medical
Center personnel. As a first point of contact when patients arrive
into the department, the position requires excellent customers
service skills, broad-judgment, independent thinking and problem
solving. Additionally the representative follows workflow and
company guidelines, and is responsible for scheduling appointments
and updating demographic and correct billing/insurance
- Answers, screens, and processes incoming calls in a
professional manner. Directs patient access to the department by
greeting, scheduling, checking in, and canceling patients
appointments for a multiple providers.
- Utilizes and adheres to department and hospital guidelines and
accurately updates patient's demographic and insurance data at the
time of scheduling and check-in.
- Utilizes and adheres to a phone script, clinical decision
trees, and scheduling criteria following department guidelines.
Uses independent knowledge within scope of knowledge and training
to determine the type of appointment needed and urgency to schedule
the patient to the appropriate provider or triage the call.
- Sends out accurate and complete communication e-mails to
physicians or to other healthcare providers.
- Take appropriate actions to diffuse challenging situations.
Seeks assistance from supervisor and others appropriately when
confronted with unpredictable patients situations and
- High School diploma or GED required. Associate's degree
- 1-3 years related work experience required in a customer
service role. Have demonstrated skills excellence including active
listening, problem solving, and the ability to remain calm in
emotional or stressful situations..
- Attention to detail, strong verbal communication , customer
service and keyboarding skills.
- Medical terminology knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work both
independently and as a part of the team which includes fellow
Reception Representatives, technologists, physicians and
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a
basic level within web-based applications.Preferred
- Prior experience working in customer service related
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on
specific instructions, standard practices and established
procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine,
somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear
directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow general instructions
and procedures as provided. Work is monitored by
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and
effectively in written English with internal and external
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in
English to communicate effectively with medical center staff,
patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of
standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the
ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other
employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer
ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer
service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a
professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in
active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in
carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the
time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Keywords: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Medford , Reception Desk Rep - Radiology, Healthcare , Medford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!