Ambulatory Surgery Center OR RN $5,000 SIGN-ON BONUS!
Company: Shields Health Care Group
Posted on: May 5, 2022
COMPANY: SHIELDS HEALTH CARE GROUP/NESSPOSITION: ASC - OR
NURSELOCATION: MEDFORD, MAHOURS: MON - FRI DAYSNO NIGHTS, WEEKENDS,
HOLIDAYS OR CALL! ON-SITE PARKING AVAILABLE.
BACKGROUND:With a legacy deeply rooted in outpatient imaging,
Shields built upon this expertise, diversifying our healthcare
portfolio to include ambulatory surgical services. 30 years of
success in healthcare has earned Shields Ambulatory Surgery Centers
(Shields ASC) a leading position in the surgery center
industry.Through joint-venture partnerships with hospitals and
providers, Shields leverages our value-based position and
operational discipline to develop, execute and manage
multi-specialty ambulatory care facilities. These facilities are
designed to maximize profitability for our partners while
delivering critical patient-centered medical services in a very
accessible location at an accessible price for patients. Shields
ASC transforms the outpatient experience by providing a convenient
alternative to hospital-based procedures that are more
cost-effective for our partners and our patients.OVERVIEW:The
purpose of this position is to provide general nursing care and
leadership while working collaboratively with physicians and
multidisciplinary caregivers to promote and restore patient's
health as they provide, delegate, evaluate, and coordinate
comprehensive professional nursing care for patients of all ages,
gender, cultures, and backgrounds. This is demonstrated by
providing direct and indirect nursing care utilizing the nursing
process, determining the objectives of nursing care within the
framework of the physician's plan of surgical/medical care, the
patient's needs, standards of nursing practice, legal regulations
and ambulatory surgery center policies and procedures. He/she will
perform other related duties as needed to maintain department cost
containment, efficiency, as well as quality of
- Actively works to promote and maintain an organizational
culture that enhances our standing as the best place to work and
- Active engagement in staff meetings, department meetings,
in-services, educational requirements, etc.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among all caregivers by
communicating information, responding to requests; building
rapport; participating in team problem solving methods.
- Provides care to patients utilizing the nursing process to
facilitate a positive peri-operative experience.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional,
psychological, and spiritual support to patients, families, and
friends. Implements a plan to keep patient's family/friends
informed of progress if delays occur in any area of care.
- Performs a peri-operative assessment of the surgical patient
based on surgical procedure, type of anesthesia,
protocols/policies/ procedures and patient needs.
- Demonstrates effective communication and interpersonal skills
while assessing patient understanding of the procedure and provide
information and emotional support.
- Implements proper clinical protocols that ensure patient
safety, comfort, and quality of care.
- Demonstrates knowledge of The Surgery Center's current policies
- Implements nursing interventions to assure compliance with
established standards, policies, procedures and best practice.
- Anticipates potential patient problems and takes measures to
- Demonstrates willingness to cross-train/float when/if the
- Contributes to meeting the fluctuating staffing needs of the
department as evidenced by flexibility in own assignments and work
- Assumes responsibility for availability of supplies and proper
functioning of equipment necessary to provide patient care.
- Contributes to supply stocking and necessary housekeeping to
facilitate patient care and to maintain a safe and clean working
- Assists with stripping, cleaning, and setting up the OR suite
for own/other's cases with efficiency and speed.
- Validates achievement of desired outcomes as evidenced by
patient record documentation. Ensures the information relating to
the care of the patient is documented according to established
- Communicates, both verbally and in writing, to effectively
develop and disseminate the patient's plan of care to all necessary
caregivers. Facilitates the continuity of patient care through
verbal reports on patient's status to the appropriate caregiver
receiving the patient.
- Protects patients and co-workers by adhering to infection
control policies and protocols, medication administration and
storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Delegates patient care activities to support personnel
according to their level of knowledge and expertise.
- Demonstrates initiative and collaborates professionally with
caregivers in/out of the OR suite.
- Promotes teamwork by assisting with the precepting of new
- Identifies areas of conflict, intervenes effectively, or seeks
assistance in conflict resolution.EDUCATION:
- Completion of a minimum of two (2) years education at an
accredited School of Nursing in order to be eligible for licensure
as a Registered Nurse is required. EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of one (1) year in Ambulatory Surgery, Outpatient
Surgery, or OR nursing.
- Great team player
- Critical thinking skills
- Attention to details
- Organizational skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Strong communication skills
- Inherent desire to go above and beyondCERTIFICATIONS:
- Currently holds American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life
Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS) or AHA approved
- American Heart Association (AHA) Advanced Cardiac Life Support
(ACLS) is required within one (1) year of hire.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Certification preferred
or obtains within six (6) months of requestLICENSES:
- Currently holds a nursing license in the state of
Massachusetts, free of sanctions and disciplinary actions.PHYSICAL
- Lift 10 lbs. box overhead. Lift and carry 15 lbs. Push/pull 20
- Lift and carry 25-35 lbs. Push/pull 50-100 lbs. (ie. empty bed,
- Lift and carry 40-50 lbs. Push/pull +/- 150-200 lbs. (Patients
on bed, stretcher) Lateral transfer 150-200 lbs. (ie. Patient)
- Lift over 50 lbs. Carry 80 lbs. a distance of 30 feet.
Push/pull > 200 lbs. (ie. Patients on bed, stretcher)
NOTE: It is not intended that this Job Description include all
details of the work functions of this position. The incumbent will
perform work of lower or equivalent classification as required or
directed and work of higher classification for training and
development purposes or as warranted.IND-P
Keywords: Shields Health Care Group, Medford , Ambulatory Surgery Center OR RN $5,000 SIGN-ON BONUS!, Healthcare , Medford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!