Social Worker (LICSW), Medford Outpatient Center (28 hrs.)
Company: Spaulding Rehabilitation
Posted on: September 16, 2022
Spaulding Rehabilitation Network is the 3th ranked rehabilitation
hospital in the nation and a world leader in rehabilitation
treatment and research. We are seeking a social worker to join our
dynamic outpatient interdisciplinary teams. Job responsibilities
will include providing direct care to patients and their families
to maximize emotional, social and physical well-being. Our
experienced team of MDs, OT, PTs, psychologists, social workers,
acupuncturists, and massage therapists all work together to provide
outstanding clinical care to patients with medical, neurologic and
chronic pain diagnoses. Our innovative programs are
cognitive-behaviorally oriented. Our Functional Restoration Program
for Pain Management is one of its kind in New England. The position
offers an excellent chance to work with a dynamic, experienced
staff. Spaulding is a Harvard affiliated teaching hospital which
provides excellent clinical supervision and professional
* Clinical social work assessments are completed within the
timeframe established and include each assessment element
established in the Clinical Social Work Scope of Practice
* Patient and family psychosocial needs are met by developing a
plan of care and interventions that are consistent with individual
patient/family goals and within the context of their environment,
age, and cultural background.
* Patient and family adjustment and coping skills are facilitated
through effective counseling.
* Style of interaction and communication facilitates a neutrality
and objectivity that advances a patient's progress toward achieving
* Community and social service agency relationships provide access
to community resources that benefits patients and families.
* New staff and other healthcare students are taught and mentored
to achieve identified performance expectations.
* Colleagues are educated and supported through the development and
delivery of educational in-services and case conference
presentations to integrate best practices into service.
* Professional consultation is provided to health care
professionals and hospital personnel to effectively manage complex
patient/family or interpersonal situations.
* Assessments of suspected abuse, neglect, and domestic violence
are completed and reports are filed in compliance with regulatory
* Documentation is completed according to department, hospital, and
* Performance improvement opportunities are identified, discussed
with stakeholders, action plans are created and implemented as
* Facilitation of care and progression toward discharge is achieved
by effective alignment with hospital length of stay and financial
reimbursement goals and initiatives.
* Appropriate documentation is completed to support third party
* Collaboration with key program leadership results in improved
program design, structure, and resources to achieve optimal patient
* Research is conducted, supported or applied to the workplace to
advance best practices.
* Additional department, organization, or network activities are
completed per established objectives.
* PCC Organizational Values of Innovation, Collaboration,
Accountability, Respect, and Excellence are upheld.
* Masters degree in Social Work from an accredited school of social
* One (1) to two (2) years clinical experience in medical
* Current Massachusetts license as LICSW.
* Previous CBT training
* Current Massachusetts license as LICSW.
* Computer proficiency required. Microsoft office applications
preferred with ability to learn new software.
* A strong desire to work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Experience working with a diverse patient population.
* Experience working with people who are living with chronic pain
/or neurologic disorders
* Work independently, be self-directed and contribute as a member
of a team.
* Anticipates challenges and develops and implements strategies for
* High level of service delivery. Demonstrate initiative with
ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and adapt to changing
* Attention to detail.
Keywords: Spaulding Rehabilitation, Medford , Social Worker (LICSW), Medford Outpatient Center (28 hrs.), Human Resources , Medford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!