Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Environmental Health and Safety EngineerBillerica, MADirect
Hire--Environmental Health and Safety Engineer Summary: --Develops,
implements, and monitors safety and environmental programs and
policies within a manufacturing and product development
environment, (semiconductor capital equipment). --Ensures
compliance with government health and safety regulations. --
Conducts Emergency Response Team, (ERT), and other employee
training in emergency response, life safety, industrial hygiene,
and chemical and fire hazards. --Responds to emergencies,
incidents, and accidents; investigates causes and recommends
corrective actions. --Leads safety audits to identify and mitigate
occupational hazards. --Completes required federal, state, and
local governmental reports relating to safety.Key Responsibilities
and Duties / Essential Functions:
- Maintains current knowledge of EHS regulations and ensures
regulatory compliance across safety and environmental programs, and
licensing requirements, as well as Company standards and policies.
These include, but are not limited to OSHA's Hazard Communication,
Control of Hazardous Energies, (Lock-out/Tag-Out), Confined Space,
Safe Chemical Handling, PPE, Ergonomics, etc.
- Maintains EPA, DEP, and other safety/environmental
- Maintains and updates emergency response plans. --Trains
employees and coordinates test plans on a defined frequency;
validates emergency action plans.
- Develops and maintains chemical safety systems, (including
chemical awareness, PPE, chemical database, and monitor incoming
chemicals to ensure compliance and safe handling).
- Conducts weekly walkthrough inspections, (SMBWA), maintains
audit records/reports, and shares safety or environmental concerns
with facility management.
- Identifies safety or environmental training needs and
implements programs to maintain compliance and promote safety and
safe environmental practices. --Develops or acquires course
content, as needed.
- Conducts training for newly hired employees for Basic Safety
and Advanced Safety courses, as well as annual Safety and
Environmental Refresher training; implements measures to ensure
- Aids in defining and driving site EHS projects, including
project implementation and documentation; takes an active role on
the company Safety Committee.
- Responds to workplace safety or environmental incidents and
maintains accident or near miss reporting database, (CSDPro).
--Conducts accident investigations; recommends or follows-up on
corrective actions to ensure completion.
- Coordinates with Human Resources when needed on matters of
public/employee health, workers' compensation claims, or workplace
- Provides routine and ad hoc reports intended to monitor the
performance of safety and environmental goals. --Presents data to
Senior Leadership or other management, as required.
- Participates in Safety and Environmental audits, with internal
or external auditors or inspectors, and oversees the response to
any inquiries or inspections.
- Conducts other job-related duties, as assigned.Job
- BS in Environmental Health & Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or
closely related degree is required.
- Two (2) or more years' direct experience in a Safety and/or
- A combination of education and experience may be considered as
an equivalent to the abovementioned requirements, with the approval
of the hiring manager and Human Resources.
- Certified Safety Professional, (CSP), or Certified Industrial
Hygienist, (CIH) certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of federal safety and environmental (OSHA,
EAP, etc.) regulations
- Self-directed team player that can manage time effectively and
- Ability to interface will all levels within the company,
including employees, customers, vendors and guests.
- Creative problem-solver and influencer with the ability to
translate complex ideas into easily understandable and actionable
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the
ability to effectively deliver presentations and conduct training
programs.Please apply within or Contact
Matthew.Werner@Kellyservices.comWhy Kelly--?Your engineering skills
are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly
Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations
where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects,
and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer
the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking
for something more long-term, we're here every step of the way to
find your dream engineering job.About Kelly--At Kelly, we're always
thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of
working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading
advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we
believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities
that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people
with great companies is what we do best, and our employment
opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and
industries around the world.Kelly is an equal opportunity employer
committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing
accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the
hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation
Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs
that are made known to Kelly in advance.]]
Keywords: Kelly Services, Medford , EHS Engineer, Other , Medford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!