Research Associate, Process Development
Company: GreenLight Biosciences, Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2021
ABOUT GREENLIGHT GreenLight Biosciences is an integrated life
sciences company developing safe and effective products that
address critical problems facing plant health, human health, and
animal health. Through scientific imagination and determination, we
are developing products to create a future with a cleaner
environment, healthier people, and a stronger food supply chain. At
the core of the company's rapid growth is a proprietary platform
for higher quality RNA production at a lower cost and faster speed
than has ever been possible. At GreenLight, we believe inclusion is
the way forward. We celebrate the power of working together to
address humanity's challenges, meet the needs of underserved
populations, and push the boundaries of scientific discovery.
Fueled by our aspiration for a true sense of belonging, our
talented teams embody the principles of diversity and equality as
we strive to bring food security, medicine, and healthcare to
everyone-paving the way for a sustainable future. For more
information, visit . POSITION GreenLight Biosciences is seeking
exceptional, highly motivated Research Associate I/II to work on
the development of cutting-edge fermentations and/or cell-free
bioprocessing technology. The successful candidate will work
hands-on in small teams to execute fermentation/cell free
bioprocessing and other associated bioprocess unit operations (such
as homogenization, pasteurization, centrifugation,
ultra-filtration/diafiltrating, microfiltration, depth filtration,
focusing on recovery of large molecules). A high degree of
flexibility, creativity and initiative is essential for success.
Strong technical, organization, communication, inter-personal, and
trouble shooting skills are essential. The RA will comply with
company policies and practices for EHS and will support company and
organizational targets and functional growth plans. MAJOR
- Operates and monitors unit operations such as
fermentations/cell free reactions and conduct associated analytics
(such as optical densities, dry cell weights, culture plating,
protein analysis, RNA analysis, sample preparation, density,
viscosity) in small teams at different scales (10 mL to 50 L) with
- Operates and monitors downstream unit operations such as
homogenization, ultra-filtration/diafiltration, microfiltration,
depth filtration, focusing on recovery of large molecules.
- Analyzes experimental data and generate data driven conclusions
for process development and optimization.
- Summarizes experimental results and effectively communicate
with team members, other engineers, and scientists in the
- Maintains detailed records about experimental protocols and
procedures in lab notebooks.
- Adheres to good laboratory practices and standard operating
- Assists in the revision and creation of process documents, such
as SOPs and batch records.
- Must demonstrate skills in organization, attention-to-detail,
interpersonal communication, judgement, planning and
prioritization, recognizing cause and effect. PROFESSIONAL
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- A.S. or B.S. or M.S in Chemical Engineering, Biological
Engineering, or equivalent.
- 0-2 years of experience in biotechnology/food/pharma
- Relevant undergraduate/graduate experience in an academic or
industrial setting will be preferred.
- Familiarity and practical understanding of how to correctly
operate basic laboratory equipment: including bioreactors, DO
probes, pH meters, lab scales, centrifuges, shakers, sterile hoods,
etc is preferred.
- Proficiency with microbial culture and aseptic techniques is
- Willingness to be flexible with work hours including
morning/evening shifts is important.
- Attention to detail and ownership of work is critical.
- Must have strong Analytical, Problem Solving, Planning and
- Familiarity with analytical techniques for metabolite, protein,
and nucleic acid detection and quantification is a plus.
- Must be flexible, approachable, highly motivated, with good
communication and interpersonal skills. EDUCATION:
- Associate's, Bachelor's or Master's in Chemical Engineering,
Biological Engineering or similar Life Sciences discipline is
required. Greenlight Biosciences Inc. provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard
to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to
all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. GreenLight
requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination for its employees consistent
with OSHA guidelines.
Keywords: GreenLight Biosciences, Inc., Medford , Research Associate, Process Development, Other , Medford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!