Produce Clerk - Part Time
Company: BJ's Wholesale Club
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Join a team of more than 32,000 team members, comprised of our
home office and over 229 clubs and 7 distribution centers. We're
committed to delivering value and convenience to our Members,
helping them save every day on everything they need for their
family and home. BJ's Wholesale Club offers a collaborative,
team-oriented environment where all team members can learn, grow
and excel. -Job SummarySorts, displays, removes, and replenishes
fresh fruits and vegetables in the produce department. Maintains
the overall environment of the department by providing assistance
to Members through product knowledge and customer service. Ensures
that all produce meets or exceeds company quality standards.
- Carry out job functions and responsibilities as assigned.
Support the application of club policies, procedures and
- We strive for flawless execution and hold ourselves accountable
. - - -
- Acts with honesty and integrity and lead with the member in
mind to address any and all concerns and to escalate any concerns,
as appropriate. -
- Ensure a safe and positive environment for our members and each
- Embrace inclusion and diversity, by working together with
collaboration and respect. Work as a team to achieve goals.
- Move with speed and agility in everything we do.
- Innovate and adapt so we can move as fast as the world around
- Maintain a friendly and positive attitude.Members:
- Deliver service excellence through all points of contact. -
- Resolve and deescalate to address every member concern.
- Ensure a safe and positive environment and experience for the
- Daily commitment to GOLD Member Standards
- Greet, Anticipate, Appreciate (GAA)
- Fast, Friendly Full, Fresh, CleanClub Standards: Work as a team
to deliver GOLD club standards daily.
- Work with commitment and pride to deliver GOLD- Grand opening
- All items stocked and promotional plans executed
- Maintain visible accurate signage
- Clean and organized, inside and outKnow your Business:
- Understand how to access and read production and/or financial
performance reporting for your department
- See the connection between consistent execution and the
positive impact it can have on the business
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Provides assistance to Members in the produce department.
Answers questions, recommends products and safe handling tips, and
assists Members with finding products throughout the club.
- Inspects, rotates, and stores produce upon delivery. Ensures
that all received produce meets or exceeds company produce
- Rotates produce on the sales floor to ensure optimal freshness
and variety. Ensures cases and display areas are fully stocked.
Keeps the produce displays neat and clean. Removes products that
are no longer suitable for sale.
- Maintains the produce reserve stock area. Dates and rotates all
back stock items. Ensures the storage area is organized and
- Follows established guidelines when disposing of damaged,
spoiled, and/or expired products.
- Assists Produce Supervisor with inventory and order processing
- Cleans and sanitizes all produce equipment, display fixtures,
and areas, including the produce cooler and refrigerated display
- Generates signage for produce goods and performs price check
functions when necessary. Ensures all items are accurately priced
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other
departments as needed.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of this job.
- Work experience in a produce department preferred.
- Knowledge of fruit and vegetables preferred, including seasonal
- At least 18 years of age.
Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about frequently on hard
surfaces and positioning oneself to examine or scan merchandise,
including bending, climbing, crawling, handling, pulling, reaching,
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May
require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects greater
than 30 pounds with assistance.
- Located in a comfortable indoor environment with frequent
exposure to temperature extremes from freezers, ovens, and/or
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, Medford , Produce Clerk - Part Time, Other , Medford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!