Analyst - Solar Energy Assessment
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Local Unit & Position DescriptionWhy you should work with
us?--Because within DNV - Energy's Renewables Advisory group,
organizational culture, and more specifically how we collectively
influence the world for future generations, matters deeply to us.
Our team works every day to champion the widespread deployment and
operation of renewables to address climate change and positively
impact society and the planet. DNV Energy has already been involved
in the deployment of over 250 GW of solar, wind, and storage all
over the world. Our high-performance and innovative team endeavors
to achieve our purpose through the success of our customers. Our
approach reflects the equity, respect, and diversity we wish to see
in the world.DNV-- --- Energy Systems is seeking a Solar Energy
Analyst to join our team. The primary function of this position is
to assess the solar resource and expected energy output of proposed
or operational solar projects across North America. We use a
variety of analytical tools including Python to provide robust,
tested, repeatable, and statistically significant conclusions to
our customers. We don't expect you to know everything, but we are
looking for open minds and fast learners who are driven by the
desire to contribute to the energy transition and halt the climate
crisis. If this seems interesting to you, then please continue
reading to learn more about this position.----This position may be
based in any location within the contininental United States,
including remote (home) offices; however candidates located in the
following places will be given preference: Oakbrook, IL (Chicago);
San Diego, CA; Oakland, CA. Other preferred locations include:
Austin, TX; Portland, OR; Seattle, WA; or Medford, MA.What You'll
- Conduct long-term solar resource and energy production
- Analyze climate-- and solar plant operational performance
- Develop insights from aggregated solar databases to feed back
into pre-construction energy assessments
- Research the latest solar production technology and develop new
methods to improve energy assessments.
- Support on-going energy assessment validation cycle by
researching additional loss factors and create process to implement
in energy assessment.
- Work across all scales of solar including residential,
commercial and industrial, and utility-scale.
- Support business development.
- Inspect sites and measurement equipment.
- Conduct statistical uncertainty analyses.
- Write technical reports and communicate results to
- Create reusable analyses using advanced analytical tools like
Python that are tested and repeatable.
- Collaborate with colleagues both at DNV and at other academic
and government institutions to present new methods to improve
energy assessments for solar and storage.Position
QualificationsWhat Is Required--
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant engineering, atmospheric science,
or quantitative field. Master's degree preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in solar resource assessment or solar
- Understanding of renewable energy industry measurement
techniques and standards preferred
- Familiarity with solar energy project execution and finance
- Strong desire to use Python programming, Python data science
packages (e.g., NumPy and pandas), and version control systems
(e.g., Git) is a plus.
- Comprehensive understanding of fundamental solar modeling
principles, including familiarity with PVSyst, SAM, pvlib python,
- Experience in uncertainty and statistical data analysis
- Proficiency working with data analysis tools (Python, R, SQL,
MATLAB, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to streamline process by implementation of process
- Skill to manage multiple projects at a time and to approach
tasks with a Customer-centric mindset. This is a seller-doer role,
which requires both technical rigor and commercial acumen.
Preferred candidates will have a high curiosity and desire to
- Ability to write technical reports and commercial
correspondence to verbally convey information in a clear and
concise manner in English.
- At DNV safety is paramount. The ideal candidate will have a
strong health, safety, and environmental mindset.
- Willingness and ability to travel, up to 10% of the time.
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening.How We
Do It----We--Care, We--Dare, We--Share--Diversity at DNV----Meet
our Employees--About DNV----------Our mission is to safeguard
life,--property--and the environment. By joining us, you will work
towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe
and sustainable future. DNV offers a congenial working environment,
competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.--We
value diversity, equity and inclusion and want you to bring your
whole self to work each day. Read more here:--DNV is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age,
sex,--sexual orientation, gender identity,--national origin,
disability or protected veteran status.\u202f For more information
about your rights under the law,
visit our website at--www.dnv.com----Company & Business Area
DescriptionDNV-- is a global quality assurance and risk management
company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and
the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and
sustainability of their business. Operating in more than 100
countries, our professionals are dedicated to helping customers in
the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables and other industries
to make the world safer, smarter and greener.
Keywords: DNV, Medford , Analyst - Solar Energy Assessment, Professions , Medford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!