Posted on: September 20, 2022
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform unusual, difficult, and highly diversified inspection
duties involving the inspection of machine shop manufactured
products having extremely close tolerances.
- Utilize all types of precision measuring instruments and
special inspection equipment such as toolmaker microscopes. Surface
tables, comparator, contour reader, analyzers etc., in order to
make first piece, in process, and final inspection for quality and
appearance in accordance with customer/company specifications,
where only general methods are available.
- Perform difficult and exacting inspections of complicated,
extremely close tolerance, machined parts.
- Plan inspection procedures and develop/devise inspection
set-ups of surface block/table and related dial indicators, gauges,
measuring devices, and special equipment such as toolmaker
microscopes, comparator contour reader, analyzers, CMM programmable
measuring equipment, involving determinations of true positions and
geometric tolerances of dimensions.
- Responsible for determining acceptance or rejection of product
notifying department supervisors and own supervisor of failures to
meet customer specifications.
- Fill our shipping papers with each order.
- Notify supervisor of unusual problems.
- Maintain necessary records.
- Move materials as necessary in performance of duties.
- Maintain work area and equipment in clean, safe and orderly
- Follow established company rules and regulations, safety
precautions and maintain quality standards.
- Perform other related duties as required or as directed.
- CMM programming Experience a mustTechnical Requirements:
- Work from customer drawings/specifications, mil-specifications,
prints ,sketches, work order routing forms, shipping papers,
history file inspection data, acceptance/rejection forms and
verbal/written instructions from supervisor.
- Work with full range of inspection precision measuring
instruments and special equipment such as CMM machine, comparator,
toolmaker microscopes, surface tables, dial indicator gauges,
blocks contour reader, analyzers, magnifying lights, and related
tools, gauges and equipment. Educational Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Equivalent to complete accredited apprentices in a machinist
- Requires the use of advanced trades mathematics, together with
use of complicated drawings, specifications, all varieties of
precision instruments. Physical Requirements:
- Time Factors/Weight Factors: Frequent-over 40% up to 70% of the
time I Very light-1# to 5#
- Occasional - over 15% up to 40% of the time / Light 5# to 25#
Rarely - up to 15% of the time I Average 25# to 60#
- Vision correctable to 20/20.
- Climbing stairs
- Hearing correctable to unamplified human voice.
- Manual dexterity: excellent
- Ability to complete and deliver oral/written reports
- Ability to meet safety, regulatory, and health guidelines
- Ability to travel by auto/air unassisted.
- Continuous mental/visual concentration
Keywords: Tecomet, Medford , CMM Technician, Professions , Medford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!