Physical Environment (PE) Surveyor
Posted on: May 22, 2023
Local Unit & Position DescriptionDNV's Healthcare Division is
seeking to fill the role of Physical Environment (PE) Surveyor.
This position can be remote from anywhere in the Continental U.S
with travel to customer sites up to 100% of the time. -DNV's
Healthcare Division is the vanguard of quality improvement in the
healthcare industry through promoting adoption and ensuring
compliance with internationally recognized ISO 9001 quality
management and NIAHO accreditation standards. - Our teams of highly
qualified healthcare professionals work as trusted partners with
providers nationwide to ensure the highest quality and safest care.
- -What you'll do:
- Participate as a member of the healthcare survey team ensuring
provider compliance with the guidelines, principles and written
instructions established by DNV.
- Work independently to survey healthcare organizations
throughout the United States.
- Apply analysis and reasoning skills to determine healthcare
organizations' degree of compliance with applicable standards and
- Prepares management reports linked to standard nonconformities
with potential system(s) vulnerabilities and related organizational
- Effectively communicates (constructive and collegial) and
engages with healthcare organization staff in interactive dialogues
on standards-based issues to assess compliance and to identify
opportunities for improving compliance.
- Where applicable, supervise the work and provide guidance
and/or training to other survey team members.
- Attend monthly educational calls.
- Complete all required ongoing training and educational
- Participates in other DNV activities as assigned.Position
QualificationsWhat is required
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience within the healthcare
environment or related field such as Safety, NFPA/Life Safety,
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ethical standards.
- Willingness and ability to travel to customer sites up to 100%
of the time, including mostly overnight stays and U.S. travel often
outside of normal working hours and occasional weekends.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills:(i.e.
critical thinking, interpersonal, problem solving, interviewing,
teamwork, organizational, analytical empathetic, able to
communicate effectively, respond calmly, and make decisions when
assessing practices and procedures against the DNV accreditation or
- Affable style (nice)
- Valid driver's license and be able to rent and drive a car and
travel on public conveyances, when requiredWhat is Preferred
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare or related field of study
- NIAHO Standards Application
- ISO 9001 Experience
- Working efficiency in MS Office
- Ability to speak comfortably in public
- Auditor experience and standards
- Professional experience within facilities management including
- programs, risk and/or quality control assessment and/or
improvement, and knowledge of the Life Safety Code/NFPA
- Prior experience with medical equipment/clinical
- Experience with infection prevention
- Experience with behavioral healthPhysical Abilities:
- Work in settings with infectious diseases
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple
- Willing and able to walk and stand for long periods of time,
walking lengthy distances, lifting, climbing, stooping, pushing,
and pulling in order to adequately inspect and observe all medical
facilities, equipment and procedures, and any areas where
cleanliness may affect the possibility of infection, including
areas of a healthcare facility from floor-to-floor either by stairs
- Able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs., in addition to
transporting one's own luggage and computer for multiple-day travel
and push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop and kneel with that which
is lifted, carried or transported.
- Able to maneuver through airport settings and all other
- We conduct a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
-*Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa
sponsorship, are not available for this position*How We Do ItWe
Care, We Dare, We ShareDNV is a proud equal opportunity employer
committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All
employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit or
business need, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status.For more information about your rights
under the law, see:
more here:Diversity at DNV Meet our EmployeesAbout DNVCareers in
DNVDNV is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity,
including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a
disability. US applicants with a physical or mental disability who
require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application
or hiring process may contact the North America Recruitment
department (firstname.lastname@example.org). Information
received relating to accommodations will be addressed
confidentially.What We Offer
- Generous paid time off (vacation, sick days, company holidays,
- Multiple Medical and Dental benefit plans to choose from,
- Spending accounts - FSA, Dependent Care, Commuter Benefits,
- Special programs - Employee Assistance Program, ID theft
protection, and accident and critical illness options for you and
- Employer-paid, therapist-led, virtual care services through
- 401(k) with company match
- Company provided life insurance, short-term, and long-term
- Tuition assistance
- Consumer discounts and rewards
- Flexible work schedule with hybrid/remote opportunities
- Advancement opportunities**Benefits vary based on position,
tenure, location, and employee election**As required by the Pay
Transparency laws in Colorado, New York City, California and
Washington, DNV provides a reasonable range of compensation for
roles that may be hired in those locations. Actual compensation is
influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to
skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For
the state of Colorado, New York City, NY, California and Washington
only, the range of starting pay for this role is $90000 - $100000
-#GreatCareersAtDNV#Company & Business Area DescriptionDNV is the
independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in
more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep
expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set
industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.We are one of
the world's leading certification, assurance and risk management
providers. Whether certifying a company's management system or
products, providing training, or assessing supply chains, and
digital assets, we enable customers and stakeholders to make
critical decisions with confidence. We are committed to support our
customers to transition and realize their long-term strategic goals
sustainably, and collectively contributing to the UN Sustainable
Keywords: DNV, Medford , Physical Environment (PE) Surveyor, Professions , Medford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...