Senior Storage/Backup Specialist
Company: Santander Holdings USA
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Senior Storage/Backup SpecialistDallas, United States of
AmericaWHAT YOU WILL BE DOINGThe Sr. Storage/Backup Specialist will
be a collaborative partner working side-by-side with business
colleagues and interacting with customers. Will address customer
technical challenges and ensure quality through collaborative
design and development. Ideal candidate will embody the
- Problem solver: Complex problems often require innovative,
creative approaches and you'll work to come up with outside-the-box
solutions to solve them.
- Customer-centric: You understand who we're here to serve and
the products you solution/engineer/implement will keep the end-user
availability/reliability front and center.
- Forward thinker: Simply fixing the problem isn't enough; using
your proactive mindset and initiative, you'll continually look for
ways to improve performance, quality, and
- Continuously identify, review, and recommend potential
opportunities for data center infrastructure cost-savings, service
quality improvement, metrics, KPI s and operational
- Engage vendors regarding service engagements, case escalations
and the typical life cycle concerns (Field
Notices/LDoS/EoL/Support) for infrastructure components and
- Develop to become a knowledgeable and trusted resource on
infrastructure technology areas within the
- Drive infrastructure strategies and incorporate industry best
practices, work across functional silos (application, network,
virtualization, backup, storage, DBA) and other business
organization units to drive values realizing next-gen
infrastructure operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Proactive infrastructure management/monitoring and predictive
analysis to minimize infrastructure downtime.
- Gather, develop, and draft logical and physical technical
documentation and artifacts for review and compliance.
- Define data protection roadmap/strategy on how to leverage
Private and Public Cloud environments and provide collateral to
- Technologist level practical experience with architecture,
engineering and operations of enterprise storage, compute,
- Expert skill sets with enterprise block/file storage systems
from Dell EMC, NetApp, HPE, Pure, HDS and similar systems.
- Expert skill sets with operational and disaster recovery
leveraging storage orchestration, VMware vSphere replication, SRM
and backup/recovery methods.
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of VMware, Microsoft SQL data
- Good understand of data security and encryption including
data-at-rest, data-in-flight, cybersecurity and cyberthreat
- Knowledge of backup technologies similar to Dell EMC Avamar,
Networker, Symantec NetBackup, Commvault and similar backup
- Knowledge of storage networking (Fiber/IP/iSCSI) and switches
- Fast and independent learning capabilities, Good interpersonal
skills, well organized, self-motivated person, strong customer
service, project, and analytical skills.Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Microsoft/SQL cluster management
- Knowledge of layer2/layer3 networking in relation to NAS
(CIFS/NFS/SMB) protocols and policy management.
- Knowledge of storage fabric management, bridging, ISL and cross
- Knowledge of Virtualization, Network Security, Load Balancing,
Cloud, Automation technologies.
- Knowledge of unstructured data management.
- Ability to plan and control projects.
- Mathematical, analytical, and statistical aptitude
- Excellent documentation skills
- Excellent planning, interpersonal, problem solving, leadership
skills are required.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and
presentation are necessary. Active listening skills are
- Excellent influencing and consultative skills; and the ability
to proactively identify and resolve issues and opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and in environments
dealing with ambiguity.
- The ability to determine the information necessary to
strategically assess situations, as well as the ability to evaluate
and determine optimal plans of action is essential.
- Working experience with configuration management tools like
Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Working experience with Agile methodologiesRequired
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related) or
equivalent work experience required
- 15+ years of IT experience
- 10+ years of Storage/Compute/Backup engineering and operations
- Storage/Compute/Virtualization certification is a
plus.#LI-PP1Diversity & EEO Statements: At Santander, we value and
respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the
diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to
apply.Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any
other characteristic protected by law.Working Conditions: Frequent
Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing and walking.
Occassional moving and lifting equipment and furniture is required
to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend,
kneel, climb ladders.Employer Rights: Employer Rights:This job
description does not list all of the job duties of the job. You may
be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties.
You may be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the
tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to
revise this job description at any time. This job description is
not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may
terminate at any time for any reason.WHAT WE ARE LOOKING
FOREXPERIENCEEDUCATIONBachelor of Science (BS)COMPETENCIES
Primary Location: Dallas, Texas, United States of America
Organization: Santander Consumer USA Inc.
Keywords: Santander Holdings USA, Medford , Senior Storage/Backup Specialist, Other , Medford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!